Tuesday, November 2, 2010

With the Press

Today was basically spent doing interviews with the Delaware County Times and The Daily Star. Hopefully this will generate some new interest in the project from the community. I also made sure to make it clear that community members were invited to the screening of "Fresh" on November 17th. The film will be shown at 3 pm and 7 pm in Okun Theatre (Farrell Student and Community Center).

I also spoke with Kevin Hodne on the phone today. He is from CADE in Oneonta and had a lot of insight and advice about what other colleges are doing in regards to using local foods.

One of my goals this week is to contact all the the farmer's market managers. I want to talk to them about what they think is working with the markets and what has been frustrating. I called Jerry Pellegrino who I thought was the manager for the market in Delhi...but he told me the actual manager is in Florida. Go Figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment