Friday, April 1, 2011

Bureaucracy is a pain...enough said.

Hello-
 
My distribution list just keeps getting longer. For those of you who were recently added, I am an AmeriCorps volunteer working at SUNY Delhi and my assignment is to increase consumption of locally grown food in Delaware County. I send out an email each week to let people know about the projects I am working on. Please email me back with any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
 
Don't forget that I am working until the end of August. While the college year may be winding down, farmers market season is winding up. Still lots to do!

  •  Entered the new contacts I made at the "Farm to Market" conference into the database.
  • Researched local sources of chicken for the dinner.

  • Restaurant list has finally been whittled down to the restaurants that are still in business and who are interested. Restaurant survey going out next week via email.
  • The WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program survey project has come up against a lot of barriers and bumps in the road this week. Long story short, the project is under significant revision and a new proposal will have to be written.
  • Internships on farms: if a farm is interested in having a student intern, a formal write-up of the internship description is needed. Contact me with questions.
  • I am trying to get students involved in some of the summer food & farm events. Also maybe volunteering in the Food bank garden. Some of the students that live in the area may be interested. Plan on getting the word out via Delhi Today, flyers, other ideas?

  • I am still getting responses from the email I sent out in regard to previous and ongoing Farm to School projects. Look for a report on those responses next week.

Have a great weekend,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment