Friday, August 5, 2011

August Already?

Hello Farm-Food People!
  • Christina Viafore and I have been working this week trying to find farms that have the quantity of veggies we need for the local dinner.
  • Meg Kennedy (manager of the Delhi farmers' market) said that 8 of her vendors want to do the farmers' market on campus in October. Just need to work out details now.
  • I followed up with Middlefield Orchards and directed them to CADI so they can supply SUNY Delhi with apples again this year. Looks like that is going to happen.
  • Challey Comer forwarded this event to me to share with all of you. It is part of a series of farm visits this growing season for start-up farmers and farm apprentices/interns in the Catskills region. Check out the link!
  • I have been working on updating my database this week. I have lots of people to add.
  • Also, Art and Soul of the Catskills is this Saturday, August 6th from 10-5 in Delhi on the square. See you there!

Have fun this weekend!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment