Friday, March 18, 2011

Junk Food and Good Beef


Hello!

I have added several people to this mailing list. In short, my AmeriCorps assignment is to increase consumption of locally grown food in Delaware County. I send out an email each week to let people know about the projects I am working on. Please email me back with any questions, concerns, or suggestions. Thank you!

--"Junk Food Science" was a success. Thank you to all involved. We had about 90 people attend.
--Chobani tasting was on Wednesday. The students seemed to enjoy the yogurt.
--Wrote an article about what has been going on at SUNY Delhi and submitted it to the New York Farm Bureau
--Sent an email to those involved in Farm to School projects asking about the projects they have been involved with and any barriers they encountered. I will compile this information and send it to everyone on this list.
--Spoke with Gary Domalewicz from the Department of Agriculture and Markets. He told me they have lots of resources for Farm to College projects. I will be meeting with him next week to talk about opportunities for SUNY Delhi to do more.
--Ulla Wadner told me that they use ground beef from Catskill Cattle for everything except hamburgers. The last order was for 500 lbs of ground beef! This is a huge accomplishment. Thank you to CADI and Catskill Cattle!
--More WIC project planning. Going to meet with Sue Dapkins of Delaware Opp. to talk about the project and what suggestions Delaware Opportunities has.

Enjoy the weather while it lasts!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment