Friday, March 11, 2011

Research and Raindrops

Hello-
 
I'm so glad the sun finally came out today! All I can say is, I can't wait until spring.
  • Talked with Lonny Schaefer of Catskill Cattle about the local dinner. He said they would be glad to work with us and gave me a timeline of when we would have to have things ordered by, etc.
  • I contacted Terry Hannum about writing an article about the dinner...both to get the word out about it and also to let farmers know it is happening so they can get involved. We are going to set up a time to meet.
  • Had a WIC project meeting with Amber Tatnall and her students on Wednesday.
  • Culinary dept. will not be able to participate in the Summer Arts festival in Delhi because there are no students around August 6th.
  • Gave the information from my database to CADE in Oneonta
  • I did a webinar on the Food Safety Modernization Act. If anyone is interested I can get you the powerpoint slides.
  • I researched the farms that work with MAINES. They are all pretty big operations that make $500,000 to 1 million dollars a year.
  • Elizabeth Sova and I are going to have a tradeshow table at the Pure Catskills Farm to Market Connection conference on March 27th.
  • The next FFT programs are next week. "Junk Food Science" at 7pm in Okun Theatre on March 15th and a Chobani yogurt tasting downstairs in Farrell on March 16th from 11-3. Phil Ricciardi--a culinary student--is also going to attend. If you want to go there is still time to sign up, and I have two (or three if we squish) more seats in my car.
  • Elizabeth made a DVD copy of the panel discussion. If you would like to see it, let me know and I can bring it to you.
  • About 20 out of the 70 Restaurants that have been contacted about the buying local suvery are interested in participating. There are still more to call, but this is actually a better response than I was expecting!
Thank you for all of your support!!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment