Friday, June 10, 2011

Farmers Market season is here!

Hello,
 
This week was a busy one! I am going to be at an AmeriCorps training in Ithaca, NY Monday thru Wednesday next week, so I will not be answering email or phone calls. I will be back on Thursday.
  • Finally got a letter of support from the NYS Dept. of Health regarding the WIC research. Amber Tatnall and I now have submitted our proposal to Delhi's IRB board.
  • Met with Chef Jay about the all-local dinner planned for October. We have the chicken all set. Jay is going to look into beef sources the week after next and I've been working on vegetables and various other things.
  • Met with Patti Timoney from the college bookstore about selling local products there. We decided we wanted to keep the sourcing as close to Delhi as possible.  I am going to have a list of suggestions on what products would be good by next friday and we are going to meet again.
  • Met with Shana Eaglefeathers the new summer AmeriCorps position working with Farm Catskills. I told her about whats gone on this year and gave her some possible ideas for things that could be done.
Thank you for all you do,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment