Friday, June 24, 2011

Gardening and Research Approval

Hello Local Food Enthusiasts,
  • Met with the Delhi school's garden committee on Monday and talked with them about ways to get Delhi students involved. On Thursday, me and two SUNY students worked through the rain to help get the garden planted. They did a great job. Hopefully I can get some more students to volunteer on a regular basis.
  • I have compiled my lists of farms into one excel sheet. It contains their location, contact information, and products they offer. I will be giving this list to CADI, the culinary department, and anyone else who wants it.
  • Chris Wildenstein, RN asked me if I could get some farmers to come to the Health and Wellness Fair on September 22nd.
  • Amber Tatnall and I will be starting our research on "WIC Fruit and Vegetable check usuage at Delaware County Farmers Markets" this coming Tuesday. We were finally approved by the NYS State Department of Health!
Have an awesome weekend!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment