Friday, July 15, 2011

Eat your veggies!

Hello,
 
What a beautiful week its been! Perfect for visiting the farmer's markets.
  • I am making some progress on the quest for vegetables (for the local dinner in October). I talked to the veggie vendors at the Delhi market and Hellers and Jamaica Dream Farm seem interested. I am going to visit the Hobart market this evening, and the Hancock, Deposit, and Franklin markets this weekend. I find that talking to the farmers in person is more effective...and visiting the markets is a good way to find the smaller farms that don't have websites, etc.
  • While I'm waiting for farmers to get back to me, I've been working on archiving all the newspaper articles about agriculture that I've gathered this year. I am scanning the articles and putting them in a binder. I think it will be a good resource for anyone continuing this work.
  • Amber Tatnall and I will be going to the Delhi WIC outreach site this coming Wednesday.
Thank you for all of your help and guidance,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment