Friday, May 6, 2011

Small Steps

Hello,
 
I realized that maybe I sounded a little discouraged in my last update, I think it was the rainy weather. In any case, some good things happened this week.
  • After doing some research on local pork sources, I facilitated contact between Chef Recinella and Gideon Frisbee (a farmer here in Delhi). Chef Recinella is ordering 10 pigs from him for the fall semester.
  • My WIC survey was finally approved by the state Dept. of Health. Had to write them a cover letter as well. Still more hoops to jump through before I can start the actual research.
  • I met with Brigid McGinn--Art Director and co-owner of Camp Move IT. They want to buy local food need help with outreach and connections with farmers. I am going to talk to the Farm Catskills at the board meeting this evening about the best way to get the word out, etc.
  • I submitted my description of the faculty workshop I am going to do this spring. Its going to talk about... buying local of course! My intent is to teach people about some ways to buy local they may not have thought of before. Also, ideas for integrating local food into curriculums.
  • Emailed Bookstore manager Patti Timoney about the possibility of having some value-added products (jams, fudge, etc.) for sale in the college bookstore.
Enjoy the sun!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment