Friday, February 11, 2011

AmeriCorps conference then back to work (January 22nd through the 28th)

Hello everyone-
 
I've added some people to this list since our last FFT meeting. In brief, I send out emails every week outlining my progress on the Farm to Table project. This is mainly to generate discussion and keep people updated. So please feel free to email me back with ideas/suggestions.
 
This week I was at an AmeriCorps training from Monday through Wednesday, but here is what else happened this week:
 
  • I contacted Liz Sigler from Catskill Cattle. She did AmeriCorps as well so we are going to meet so that I don't repeat anything that has already been done. Also, it will be a good way for me to learn about the challenges that farms face when trying to market their products.
  • The meeting between Farm Catskills, farmers, and cafeteria managers has been moved from February 5th to Feb. 12th. I have reserved a room in Bush Hall.
  • Sent an email to Jon Hood (president of Horticulture club). Before the break he expressed interest in setting up a college garden/greenhouse.
  • Typed up meeting minutes from the last FFT meeting. After I meet with Barb Jones, we will be sending those out.
  • Contacted Chef Jay. He is going to talk with Ulla and John Ford about setting up a time that we can meet about the Harvest dinner idea.
  • Christina Viafore suggested that I email the restaurants the letter and survey (both to save money and paper) and then if they don't respond then we will send the letter through the mail. She is involved with the Chamber and has email addresses for a lot of businesses in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment